This morning as I read spiritual literature at 6am, followed by journaling and then prayer as to what words of wisdom I should share today, the word “obsession” repeated itself over and over in my mind. Oh no, really? Shouldn’t I be perfect by now? Aren’t I meant to have everything figured out and be totally at peace and one with Spirit?
Today my friend Mastin Kipp called himself out on his blog The Daily Love. I love that he does this because it creates the opportunity for breakthrough, healing and a psychic displacement of unconscious energetic blocks.
This past weekend, I obsessed over how my husband was feeling, that I didn’t have enough time, and feeling personally rejected that someone didn’t text me back. Then when I finally let go, I felt happy and present, I realized that my mind creates an illusion that I don’t have enough time for relaxation and that person did text me back!
Obsession wastes a huge amount of energy. On a psychic level mental obsession looks like life force energy leaking out of your head in all directions. It leaves you feeling drained, tired, unmotivated and resentful.
If I hadn’t obsessed over the things that weren’t true, I could have felt more gratitude that I have a wonderful husband and how he feels in any moment is not a reflection of whether I did or didn’t do something right. I could have been totally present in my body, appreciating the beautiful blue sky and the sunshine as we drove down San Vicente Blvd in our clean car with my family, after having a lovely brunch in Pacific Palisades, CA, instead of having a foggy feeling in my mind. I could have felt peaceful and happy that I have fabulous friends, instead of looking for a fault because of me not feeling worthy of love.
This morning I wrote a list of things I want to do that are fun, joyous, creative, healing and loving. As I looked at my list, I noticed I’ve done many of those things but made up a story of suffering in my head. I’ve complained without reason because that’s what my mind does on autopilot, unless I use my intuition to pull out the weeds from my mind.
How is obsession affecting your life today? What have you been obsessing over?
Here are 3 spring-cleaning tools to detox your mind:
- Write down a list of everything you can think of that you’ve been obsessing over.
- Read over your list of obsessions. Next to each obsession, write down what your motivation has been for the obsession. For example: Get financial papers together for filing taxes. Reason for obsession: I’m scared because I don’t know how much tax I owe and I fear I won’t have enough money left.
- Focus on your intuition (inner teacher). Take a moment to close your eyes and bring your awareness into your heart. Feel yourself click with intuition. Then open your eyes and write down an action you can take to erase the mental obsession. The necessary action may be physical, mental, emotional or spiritual, also the step that you may be guided to take is to wait. The reason this happens is because you are not yet in correct spiritual alignment to be able to receive the download from spirit.
The great thing about this exercise is it works at a deep cellular level. You may have some resistance to doing it. You might only write down three obsessions because you’re denial isn’t ready to deal with the other thirty denials that are exhausting you! This healing exercise is here for you whenever you feel ready to detox from denial and create space for peace, happiness and an abundance of energy.
Today is an opportunity to Spring Clean Your Mind. Remove the cobwebs from the past, gently but with intention. I created a guided meditation as part of Big Miracle Breakthrough specifically to Heal and Energize Your Mind Body & Spirit because I have seen many times for my clients and myself how energy that is invisible to your eyes, creates distorted thinking.
Join me and friends Live in person for The Spring Equinox Healing, Prayer & Manifestation Circle in Santa Monica on Thursday March 22, 2012 @5pm PST. You are invited! This is an opportunity for you to:
- Spring Clean Your Soul
- Pray for loved ones, family, friends and those who are in need around the world
- Awaken Your Intuition to the next level
- Activate the Healer within
- Receive a Message from Spirit about Manifesting your Heart & Soul’s Desire in 2012 and Beyond
- Release money and love energy attachments to create space for abundance and healthy relationships
Please feel free to invite your friends, there is no charge for this event. The ceremony will begin at 5pm and end at 7pm when the sun sets. We are meeting at Lifeguard Station #26 down on the beach at 2600 Barnard Way. South of Ocean Park and Neilson Way intersection. Santa Monica, CA 90405
RSVP to Joanna@BigMiracleBreakthrough.com or just show up and I’ll be happy to see you!
Love & Miracles,
“Right-mindedness is healing”. A Course in Miracles
p.s. Do you want a Big Miracle Breakthrough in your life? I have learned it is better to take action from a place of prevention rather than crisis. Big Miracle Breakthrough 90 Day Program will give you all the tools you need to manifest what you desire.
Private Coaching (limited availability, serious inquiries only):
To apply for one-on-one “Big Miracle Breakthrough” coaching for your life, love and business please email: Joanna@BigMiracleBreakthrough.com
“Joanna Garzilli changed my financial life. For almost two years I was struggling to find a way to make more money from my online business and in just one session she taught me how to DOUBLE my sales and it worked instantly. Joanna’s intuition and business savvy are a powerful combination!”
- Mastin Kipp, CEO & Founder of TheDailyLove.com
p.p.s. My dear friend Missy Costello is hosting a Vital Life 30 Day Cleanse that starts March 19, a great opportunity to detox your body for a clearer mind. I have coached with her personally and she is amazing. For more info please visit KarmaChow.com